Astex AX6500 Bottom-launch Diamond Growth System
- This in-stock equipment is offered for domestic sale within the USA only.
- Microwave Plasma CVD (MPCVD) "Clamshell" diamond deposition system designed & produced by Astex.
- Capable of high rate single-crystal diamond (SCD) homoepitaxy as well as growth of polycrystalline, nanocrystalline (NCD or UNCD).
- System is in the process of being refurbished with a majority of refurbishment already completed with the focus on improved purity, process control, and system safety:
- Chamber cleaning,
- Computer control updates,
- Higher throughput water cooling subsystem,
- Replacement of selected o-ring components with metal seals, and
- Enhanced process control/monitoring devices.
- The AX6500 employs a unique, bottom-launched microwave plasma apparatus rated for up to 8kW of 2.45GHz microwave input.
- Top-loaded, water-cooled aluminum chamber with water-cooled stage. Copper stage is typically shielded with special fixtures during plasma processing.
- Photo Note: System photo shown include a similar quality, similar vintage system sold in the past. Actual photos or inspection available to qualified customers only.
... other images